Once and for all

Please somebody, how can I get cubase to play back from where I place the cursor? This has been a problem for me for years, and it really slows me up.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean unless you mean something as simple as click in a blank space on the arrange page, the curser follows, and press play? (unfortunately this doesnā€™t have the same behavior in the edit and drum editors like I think it should for consistency.)

If that is the case the answer is in preferences. Iā€™m not in the studio but Iā€™m sure someone else could direct you to that preference.

If you mean that the cursor returns to the start position when you press stopā€¦ then you would have to change the preference that enables this function. Go to the Cubase>File>Preferences>Transport menu and uncheck the ā€œReturn to Start Position on Stopā€ item.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks for the replies guys. I mean, why canā€™t I get cubase to playback form where the cursor is before I press play? It starts from a position some other than I want it to, and I canā€™t determine how much I want to hear before I get to the part that I want to listen to. This is really inconvenient, and wastes a lot of time. How can I make it play from where the cursor is? :confused:

Did you check the pre-roll options? Maybe thatā€™s causing you troubles.

• right click on transport panel
  • check the 'ā€˜pre-roll & post-rollā€™ option so you can see the buttons on the transport panel
  • on the transport panel click on pre-roll and post-roll buttons to de-activate them

For details, read the manual here:

and here: