One library of content but shared both of Windows and Mac - Halion

Hello,
Need to check someone is it possible or not to use same library location by both of Mac and PC?

So far, the content of Halion 6 is in external hard disk with formatted exFat used by windows 10 on PC. Meanwhile, i would like to use my Mac os Sierra to share same content. Is it possible?

I ask because when I need MAC to use Halion I have to install 28 GB that take times. I do not know whether I can download only program or not and in case of content, I will point to the existing one since exFat is available for both of Mac and PC.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

you need to maintain shortcuts to your external drive in:

Factory samples go here
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound/ -->> alias to your external drive location

For all factory content with “…preset…vstsound” in the name goes here (one level up):
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/

Newer content and stuff created with the new halion 6 Library creator is managed by the halion library manager.
All you need to do is open your external harddrive location in finder, double click on the vst sound file you want to register and you are done. The library manager will take care of creating the correct shortcut for you.

Hi Tekknovator,

In a nut shell, I can use my existing external hard drive having Halion 6 content used with Windows PC, can’t I?

But I need to re-download totally packaging for Halion 6 - 28 GB. However, when during installation, they will manage by their library manager. OR, install with new content and making alias and deleting.

Thank you very much

Have you tried installing only the latest updates? Maybe that works and you do not need to download the whole monster.
Regarding the content: simply creating the shortcuts should be enough. No need to reinstall it.