One More Question Concerning OrangeVocoder

I’ve got one more question, then I’ll leave you guys alone for a while. :smiley:

Has anyone successfully been able to get OrangeVocoder 2.0 to work in Cubase 6? I’ve seen it used just fine in Cubase SX2 before where they will load it as an insert to an audio channel and then it shows up in the list as a VST instrument for MIDI channels so you can actually control what notes it plays in, but this isn’t so in Cubase 6. I would get the up to date version of OV but Prosoniq no longer develops for Windows and is purely Macintosh now. Go figure.

Well, it works fine on my PC Cubase 6.0.2 32bit running on Windows 7 64bit.

I’m not sure about your set up. I simply use it as an insert for audio effects. And I just noticed I have been using it since 1999 lol…so much for all those who have a melt down the second someone announces the discontinuation of a product.

LOL

I am using 64-bit Cubase 6 on Windows 7 64-bit. It works fine until I want to use it simultaneously on a MIDI track so I can control the notes it plays in as the song progress, in which case it doesn’t show up at all for the instruments list for the MIDI track like it did in Cubase SX2. I prefer to have total creative control over everything in my projects without limitations, hence why this bugs me.

I have had a similar problem with the drum replacement plugin KTDrumTrigger, it will send midi in 32 bit but not in 64 bit, maybe something with midi-audio hybrid plugins that creates a problem in bit bridge?

OrangeVocoder works fine here 0n Cubase 6.0.0 Mac.

You might have the up to date version or maybe it works differently on Mac, hard telling.

Well I guess at least I’m not alone in this problem, but I hate to hear other people are losing their VSTs they used as well. I am actually using jBridge to run most of my 32-bit VSTs I used before I switched to 64-bit Cubase because I ran into problems with the Steinberg’s bridge not even an hour into using Cubase 6, experimenting around and learning the ropes of it. It didn’t work the way it was intended anyway when bridged through jBridge either.

I guess this situation is perhaps hopeless and I need to start looking for a new vocoder specifically designed in 64-bit since I make regular use of vocoders.

"@ corlenbelspar …Any chance of you remembering if you finally find a true 64 bit Vocoder plugin to post bacik your findings please? :sunglasses:

Yeah if I remember I’ll be sure to do that. Speaking of 32-bit, Steinberg’s bridge is a great idea but it doesn’t work very well for me. :frowning: I had to get jBridge in the end but it also doesn’t work very well for some plugins. I guess two heads are better than one anyway. :smiley: