One of my wishes for Dorico 4.0

One of my wishes for Dorico 4.0 is that some of the articulations supported by Noteperformer that work in Sibelius (e.g. string glissandi, artificial harmonics, etc.) will work in the new version of Dorico. I’m not holding my breath, but I would be very happy to see this happen.

Cheers, everyone!

Mike

2 Likes

My wish for Dorico 4 is that it arrives next week…

6 Likes

I’m afraid both of you will be disappointed! Dorico 4 won’t be released next week, and there won’t be any significant enhancements in the way musical symbols are interpreted in playback (though of course there are hundreds of features, large and small, on the way).

11 Likes

I get on my kids for being impatient about Christmas, then comments like this pop up… :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I haven’t actually counted the number of features, though perhaps I should. I did count the number of bug fixes to date (more than 300), and there are 300 closed tasks in our tracking tool, though not every one of those equates to an individual feature. But it’s safe to say that there will be no shortage of new features to get to grips with when Dorico 4 does arrive.

16 Likes

Thank you in advance.

I admit it crossed my mind that for the fifth birthday, next Tuesday… But hey, version 4 will be there when it’s ready :wink:

We are planning to mark Dorico’s fifth birthday next week, but not, I’m afraid, with the release of a new version.

7 Likes

Would one of those fixes have to do with instrument changes being able to condense? Asking for a friend …

4 Likes

Please let us know some time in advance, so I can take a week’s vacation :joy:

3 Likes

No, I’m afraid not. Though we know how important this is and we hope to be able to spend some time on this soon.

6 Likes

Thanks Daniel, this answer helps me a lot actually. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing in an ongoing project I’m involved in. No problem at all.

1 Like

Great thing about a new release is I’m always pleasantly surprised

2 Likes

Each new version of Dorico is full of surprises … I look forward to …

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Oh boy, I am literally bursting with excitement. Unbelievable how impatient I am. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yes, I have to admit that Version 4 is something I have been checking for every morning since September. Guess I get a break on my checking duties until at least after next week - but I don’t think that its really going to help. My bet is that it will be significantly longer as the anniversary would be a tempting target to aim for if the product were at all close.

1 Like

It is the chief reason I keep looking at this forum at the mo!

4 Likes

Oh noes! String glissandi is the one feature I’ve been waiting for. I would pay full upgrade price for that alone.

But I will be patient. . . .

7 Likes

I agree!