One of my wishes for Dorico 4.0

M1 native support?

Yes, that’s one of the main reasons Dorico 4 is delayed.

1 Like

Are the system requirements for Dorico 4.0 already defined? Which OS will require?
The question for me is, will a computer that run Dorico 3.5 run 4.0, provided it can run the required OS? Or is it significantly more resource demanding?

They’re not finalised, no, but the requirements won’t be massively different from Dorico 3.5. The minimum version of macOS on which the app will run will be 10.14, which is the most significant change.

5 Likes

My wish is for house styles. Do I get two more wishes? OK, I wish the team well (and thank them profusely for this product), and I wish all other users else gets their wish.

Aladdin, where did you go?!

4 Likes

I look forward to it too! But wait, wait, WAIIIT! Sssshhh!!! Each time more near, just a little more :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been busy, did I miss any birthday announcements or party favors! Is there any cake left?

snap.

Since this thread is titled as wishes for dorico 4 and it’s the most recent requests thread, one just popped into my head:

I would love it if There was an option to have dorico add a tag to file names to indicate whether or not the pdf was generated with a watermark. If ticked on, it would add _____[WM].pdf (or whatever the team decides) but if you then generate a second pdf and turn off the watermark, then the WM tag would be omitted.

Edit: It would be cool if it would tag whatever we type in the watermark box to the end of the file. That way if you put “proof” or “preview” etc. in accord with your own preferences, that specific text was the tag.

2 Likes

I wish for Large Time Signatures workflow for scores with optimized systems. It’s true that the old film scores which used large time signatures displayed all staves on all pages, but this was before the MIDI mockups, when a composer would perform substantial changes on the fly, on the scoring stage. Nowadays it’s impractical. We still need large time signatures, but there’s no upside to unoptimized scores anymore. They just create unnecessary page turns. I hope @dspreadbury reconsiders this case.

2 Likes

Bummer for me. I use those wonderful, and sadly discontinued, 17" macs. 10.13 is the final OSX for those.

Friends, friends… how can it be that you are all overlooking the most urgent needed improvement of all?

My burning question, my urgent desire, is that Dorico 4 will resize its icon to sit nicely alongside the others.

DEALBREAKER.

9 Likes

Simple fix: Just get a PC :slight_smile: :grinning:

8 Likes

Your wish will be granted. We started rolling out a new set of application icons earlier this year with WaveLab 10 and SpectraLayers 8, and new versions of Dorico, Cubase and Nuendo will round out the set upon their releases in the coming months.

5 Likes

hmmm am I understanding that the upcoming release of Cubase will not be 11.5 but 12 this year ??? :grin:

Cannot believe someone reported this as objectionable.

5 Likes

Some people can’t take a joke…

3 Likes

Really? Maybe some ‘jokes’ aren’t jokes but attacks in disguise. How many times have I been told that problems with my platform can be solved by buying a different computer system? I’m tired of it and won’t tolerate this kind of ‘joke’. So, yes, I objected to the posting…

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure that @wcreed’s response to my post was intended in much the same spirit as my own, namely, in good humour. The smileys somewhat give it away :slight_smile: :smiley:

3 Likes

I hear where this is coming from, and have been told to “get a real computer” many times in my Mac-devoted life.

But, I mean come on, this is clearly a joke… they’re icons for Pete’s sake…

5 Likes