"One or more components for Dorico Playback have not been found." [Resolved]

If you create e.g. a new project based on the ‘String quartet’ template, then go to Play mode and open the HALion Sonic SE interface, what sounds are shown as loaded into the plug-in?

I’m not sure which setting you meant, I hope the picture clarifies what I thought it could be.

Sorry for not being clearer! Could you please click the little ‘e’ button to show the HALion Sonic SE interface itself, and grab a shot of that?

I looks like none loaded automatically.

Have you tried deleting the folder C:\Users<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine2_64 and restarting Dorico.
That deletes the sound patch data base and rescans everything.
Do the sounds then load automatically when creating a project from the string quartet template?

I did that before and it didn’t work. I just tried again.

Would you then please create a new project from the string quartet template, wait a few seconds and then do ‘Help > Create Diagnostic Report’.
That creates a zip file on your desktop. Please send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.

I installed Dorico4 on a new PC and have the same problem:
Screenshot 2022-08-20 101950

I only installed Dorico 4 because I want to use NotePerformer (successfully installed). Do I have to install the ‘recommended’ components also?! Strangely, I do not see ‘Dorico Pro 4 Sounds Installer’ in the Steinberg Download Assistant:

NotePerformer starts when I apply the NP Template, but no sound comes. I created a project and entered some notes. I also created the diagnostics report. Thanks
Unbenanntes Projekt 1.dorico (507.4 KB)
Uploading: Dorico Diagnostics.zip…

If you only want to use NotePerformer simply ignore that warning dialog and tick the box “Nicht erneut anzeigen”. Dorico will then not reminde you anymore.

For the sound not coming, actually, I can’t download your diagnostics, it’s saying “uploading”. Did that get stuck or can you try once more?

Well, from the project data I can already see that you don’t have any audio output port configured. Please go to Edit > Device Setup and in there click on the Control Panel button, another little window will appear. I suppose there are no ports listed with you, right?
If so, try toggling the option at the top of the window saying something about exclusive access. Does then at least one output port turn up?

OK thanks. I will attach it again
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (278.5 KB)

See my previous post 2 min ago…

Are these the correct windows?

I can choose other ‘Ausgangsanschlüsse’. However, when I click ok and re-open, the changes are not saved (also true for the uppermost checkbox).

Yes, they are the right ones. Hm, it’s a bit tricky. Please stop Dorico and go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Asio and double click the asioglldsetup.exe, the same window shall appear. If you then select the loudspeaker or headphone port, does the selection then stick if you close and reopen that window?
Alternatively, you could try a different ASIO driver. Do a Google search for the free driver FlexASIO and install that one. After installation it shall be selectable in that “Geraete konfigurieren” dialog under ASIO-Treiber.

I did as you said - now when I used asioglldsetup.exe directly it worked. The selection stayed active and after selecting the headphone port I got sound :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the promt help on a Saturday - very much appreciated!

1 Like

Today I purchased Dorico 5 pro. I have got a Mac (Sonoma 14.0). Dorico SE was already on my system. After activating Dorico 5 pro with my activation manager everything worked fine with the exception that on startup there is the notification “One or more components for Dorico Playback have not been found". It says that “Olympus Choir Micro” is missing as well as “Halion Symphonic Orchestra”. I reinstalled Dorico but the same notification popped up. Any suggestions?

Dorico Pro comes with more sounds than Elements or SE.

Have you also downloaded the separate sounds files that go with Dorico Pro? They should appear in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Hello Lillie_Harris, according to the Download Assistant everything in Dorico Pro is installed. I am going to re-install them.

I don’t think, It’ll help as I have already acquired all that content (Absolute 6, Jazz Essentials, Indian Drum Basics, etc.), but I’m still re-installing.

The most important ones to check are the ones Dorico is telling you it doesn’t have: Olympus Choir Micro and HALion Symphonic Orchestra.