One staff in score, several parts

Hello,

I have a Trumpet in C in the score. I would like to create an extra part layout with the same music but for Trumpet in Bb. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks
LAE.

In setup add a player for trumpet in Bb. This staff will appear in Score layout. Go tot Write mode and In the score layout, copy the C trumpet staff (select the first object and do Edit>select to end of flow.) Paste into the Bb staff (e.g. by alt-clicking the same initial object position.) With the full score layout selected in Setup, de-select the Bb Player on the left, to restore your score.

Thanks!

So, in any case, I always have to create a new instrument and copy the music there? I thought there might be a way of just having one player and two separate layouts in different transpositions.

There isn’t yet, but we plan to add one, as it’s quite a common requirement for wind/brass ensemble music.

Is it sacrilegious to suggest that you write it i Bb so you can print it either with or without transposition? <:-)

Hi Daniel,
I don’t know if this is achievable. Sometimes parts for say Eb and F horn have a few notes that have to be different.
It would be good to do this but still have it largely automated.

Smart, thank you! I did what you said and also created an extra layout including the trumpet player and renamed it to Trumpet ©. It seems that the setting for Concert or Transposed pitch can be different on different layouts so this works perfectly.

So, in my opinion, not sacrilegious at all :slight_smile:

Happy to be of assistance for once <:-)