One-staff key signatures break multirests

I’ve searched for this and can’t find anything on it in the forum, so…

In a concert band score where the key changes to E major, I wanted the Bb parts (clarinets, trumpets, etc.) to be in Fb to make them more readable. It’s easy enough to change them (put the new key signature in using Opt-Return), but they break a 4-bar multirest at that point in the parts.

[Edited] I should have made clear that there are four empty bars that begin at the key signature change; when I change the key signature in a specific staff, those four bars are broken into 1 + 3 in that staff.

I’ve putzed around with it in every way I can think of, but the multirest still breaks. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything you can do about this at the moment, Lew, but I’ll make a note of this and we’ll see if there’s something we can do about it for the future.

Ok, thanks, Daniel. I gather you were either able to replicate it or already knew about it?

Indeed.

In the interest of functionality for the time being, since the players are already resting anyway, can you just place the key change to fb after the multirest?

Hadn’t thought of that. I’ll give it a try and see how it looks.

Thanks!