One thing I hate in the new forums ...

But Steve

The forum does not support LPT devices were you not aware?

My take: the old forum was on life support, and now that they’ve restricted access, it’s in the casket

Only a matter of time the archive will be taken down and the domains sold to the highest bidder.

Man, are’nt we a positive lot here :wink: .

Cheer up,

Mauri.

I didn’t word that properly. I meant to say:

“The old forum was on life support, and now that they’ve restricted access to THE NEW FORUM, it (the new forum) is in the casket”

Here’s a wake up call. :stuck_out_tongue:

See the date on that post? Today is the 2 month anniversary for the new forums. …and many of us (including me) have already had over 200 posts. So that casket you mentioned must have a V8 under the hood/bonnet. :laughing:

…or we have no life. :sunglasses:

This forum has but a fraction of the number of daily posts the old forum had, and the old forum had but a fraction of the forum before that

But I’m mostly talking about the Lounge, which is DOA

Still asleep :laughing:

Aeh…

This place isn’t soo bad… I do find topics have a much shorter on topic life span than C-net. So many goof balls off the hook here. :mrgreen: Seems a page is about as far as many topics stay on topic… Frustrates me a little so I just don’t visit as much and do other things instead like mix and dress up in polyester. :laughing:

Speaking of off-topic… John, I got your email. Thanks! I haven’t had a chance to get into it, yet, but I will at some point this week when time permits. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to do that.

The lounge has been separated too ya know… The music threads are no longer apart of it, Doug. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but does this forum have a fraction of the number of posts the old forum had, when the old forum was just a couple of months old? … or the forum before that when it was a couple of months old? Taking into account the popularity of Cubase at that point, and the general population of the internet in general. This just couldn’t be an accurate comparison unless there was some serious and time consuming digging behind it.

I wasn’t really comparing anything in that regard. It was more of a comment of, it seems to be going pretty well. Not to mention, I have never seen Steinberg staff, admin and moderator involvement like in this forum. (Then again I wasn’t around in the earlier stages of the last one, so I have nothing to compare it to… and I think this would need a comparison).

Cheers,

Two things I’d like:
Bigger window size to post in,
and links click to new window.
Though I can workaround both with minimal extra work.

Separate ‘made with Cubase’ forum … not keen on that. Speed of people’s songs lowering or rising on a page of other conversations and interests was, IMO a far richer feedback system.

Apart from those aspects, I’m happy.

Lounge is for FR’s, general discussion and threads moved from their respective product forum, not music.

[/quote]

Why not :unamused: ?

Mauri.

Why not :unamused: ?

Mauri.[/quote]

+1 :cry: :unamused:

+1 :cry: :unamused:[/quote]

Cus he’s the Brains!

I wish I had a brain too…then I’d be like ‘Brains’ :open_mouth: :smiley: !

Cheers,

Mauri.

Well, obviously Steinberg have decided that it’s best to have the lounge discussion only.

Personally I think it’s better because then you don’t have to “wade through” music posts that really should be in a profile somewhere and linked to from the profile page but admittedly it is a bit minimalist (the profile page that is).

Also we can’t forget that this forum is private as well. Here we can discuss things that might otherwise have been locked or deleted as the outside world cannot view it (but they can listen to music) and there is nothing stopping anyone from posting a music link here anyway so best of both worlds IMV.

That avatar of his needs a good bashing too! :laughing:

One thing I would actually like to see (with the music section) is an onboard Flash player, which allows you to upload (or link to) mp3’s directly.

I use the JW player for this already on my site, and have written code to allow users to upload their own music, or link to a YouTube video, and have it add automatically to a playlist. It would not be that hard to add to a site like this.

…I totally agree with this. The music lounge should be for all Cubasers. It is, after all, a non-specific meeting place. It doesn’t make sense for it to be locked out like this. Not to mention, us old guys only have a limited amount of interesting stuff to post :laughing: so things may become a bit stagnant without any new faces. :wink:

Cheers!