only 3 wishes...

A better mixer layout with the option to have everything view able. better channel color implementation and reorderable mixer channels that are reflected on the project page

Group list as good as Protools or Studio one

One track for audio, midi/Vstis. No more chasing separated tracks across the project

Group and FX channels that drop down below selected the track and not into the abyss of a large project

The ability to better organize Vst3

Object based effects

I really hope Steinberg takes care of some of this in V7

Not exactly. Drag and Drop with Kontakt is possible in Reaper, Live and other DAWs. The thing is, there are two ways to implement Drag and Drop and neither NI nor Steinberg want to commit to the other. Once more, reality is in contradiction to all the marketing babble. Companies just promise easy workflow. If you don’t follow their given path, you’re f****d.

**All this can be achieved via workspaces…

Here’s mine…
\

1. The ability to rename the Cc# in the controller lanes.
    \
  2. higher values in the controller lanes (instead of 1 - 127) and to be able to set the range within the lane. Ie, if the value was from 1 - 3000 you could chose to have the controller lane work between 1500 - 2500.
    \
  3. movable frozen parts.**
  1. A metronome setting that gives the dotted quarter note the accent, for 6/8 time signatures.
  2. I would love to have the current preference of seeing the notation scores in each midi part improved to the point where you can actually read the notes on the staff. (now they are just floating in space)
  3. a bank of basic vanilla midi drum patterns that are easy to search and descriptively labeled.

:laughing:

Isn’t that a limitation of the MIDI spec?

Yes, but not a limitation of automaton on the main page. I would be nice not to have that limitation in the controller lanes. If you could choose what you’d like to automate (just like you can on the main page) via the control lane (without the limitation of midi) that would be ideal.

are there people who still use freeze? :wink:

I think “Bounce-In-Place” (!) is the better option these days.
And it would be great to have this in cubase!

Ha ha, yeah me if I could move the parts…
The trouble with bouncing is if you want to make adjustments later you can’t.

How about a virtual view of the mixer routing ( Like behind the mixer jack inputs/ outs… , like reason 5 , i want to route an effx channel n eq it on separate channel… done it it reason 5 works superb…
media bay as a separate window where i can drag n drop a wav file directly into a track etc… n simplify the control room make it more virtual view…
may be some of these features exist already , would like to hear how to do it though
thanks s

+1

+1

absolutely!! Would be awesome to instantly convert a VSTi track into an audiotrack while keeping all mixerroutings and send routings (including automation) intact to do a decent mixdown.

Yes, the mind boggles as to why Cubase STILL can’t do this :open_mouth:

+1 for drag and drop for Kontakt, but failing that a cut down sampler that does support dnd would suffice.

Also OSC support.

and finally, why do I lose focus on a VST track when I add a bit of delay to the audio track, yes you can switch off sync project and mixer selection but then quick keys don’t work, yes I have set up a shortcut but I never remember to hit it till after I try to add my delay. Arrrrggggg Please find a better solution.

Is that 3 or 4 points, I think I just get away with that and the whinge. :slight_smile:

1- A Mac version that has much better CPU and RAM management/performance—the current one is unoptimized compared to the Windows versions causing ASIO drop-outs and miscellaneous problems. (Someone compared Studio One Version 2’s performance to that of Cubase 6 and Studio One Version 2 seems to win. I don’t mean to discuss the competition here, but I think it’s a noteworthy experiment.)
While discussing mac performance inferiority, might I add that Audio Unit support would be fantastic?

2- A fix for this strange automation curve behavior in which support has no interest:

3- Clicking and dragging files in and out of plugins such as Kontakt. When I try to do this, Kontakt and other similar programs disappear.

EDIT: Related to 1, if frozen tracks could be muted, soloed, and moved, then it would be much easier to create larger projects with fewer problems.

1. Why insrument track ant a seprate instrumnt track for for intruments with more outputs ,like halion sonic SE ,or groove agnt ONE . Make a hybrid.

2. classic mixing consloe plugin. (console emulation plugin)

3. more edit functions ,ant drum sounds ,routing mixer for groove agent ONE (groove agent ONE that comes with cubase)

4. Halion 4 SE (a sampler that comes with cubase)

What do you mean?

He means a “console” (not consloe) emulation (a.k.a. channel strip) based on the known consoles (SSL, API, NEVE). Honestly though, there are so many 3rd party console emulations out there to go nuts already. I rather Steinberg concentrates on the basic functions of Cubase instead of competing with 3rd party companies in a heavily saturated market. My opinion, of course.

Something that’s usually worth quite a chunk of change.

+1

whats MDI pls ??? sm