Open all MIDI panels in one go?

To get to the MIDI panel of each instrument in Play mode, I have to click on two discovery arrows. Is there a way to open both at the same time, or open every instrument in one go?

Traditionally on the Mac, alt-clicking on a discovery triangle opens all sub-items (e.g. List View in the Finder). But that doesn’t work.

If I’ve got 20 instruments and have to fiddle with each one, it’s a lot of work. Also, if I do change the VST plug-in or MIDI channel, the window scrolls back to the top of the list.

You can use Ctrl+click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac) to make it open all of the disclosures in one go. And, as it happens, we fixed the problem where it jumps back to the top of the list when you make a change a couple of days ago, so that will be included in the next update.

Daniel, Command click on Mac opens the first arrow of every Player, showing the name of the instruments, but doesn’t open each instrument’s MIDI panel with the VST plug-in, MIDI channel and piano roll, etc. Command clicking on an instrument to reveal the MIDI panel only opens that instrument.

You might well be right about that. I’ll take a closer look.

(Off topic: thaaaaaank you!)

I don’t know if it’s just my PC behaving a bit strange, but opening the instruments in Play mode works pretty randomily. Sometimes ctrl-click opens all the Chanel strips and sometimes only one. Same thing when just clicking, sometimes just one instrument and sometimes all.

I think I asked about the problem where it jumps back to the top long time ago, or maybe I dreamed it or thought I asked. Anyway, now when you’ve fixed it it doesn’t matter, I’ll give you a big applause for this. Hooooraaaayyy!! :crazy_face: