Open/Close Plugin on Selected track Key Commands

When clicking on the “e” with options cubase open or closes all plugins for that channel.
It works fine with the mouse and pressing it on “e” on channels. (Not they key E.) It also works with this options on MCU or steinbergs controllers like the CMC. But what is the command it is actually do? I would like to have this as key-command or Generic-Remote.

2 Likes

The key command is “Edit Channel Settings” (in the “Edit” section). There’s an entry “Edit/Key Commands…” in the main menu of Cubase where you can assign a key (or combination). Just search for the command in the search field, type the requested key (like “E” or “Cmd+E” etc.) in the input field, then click “Assign” and “OK” button.

The question is not how to assign, the question is what to assign.

I like this idea. Two new Key Commands:

open all plugins on selected track
close all plugins on selected track

@cubace maybe you could edit the title- there might be people who don’t know about shift-alt/opt-clicking the image button

4 Likes

A toggle function to. (It save one “key space” both on the keyboard and in my head.
One observation about this “hidden” function is that it does not let it map to a Quick controller either with the learn button. This function is very useful, and should also have a auto following selected tracks. So when you select a track it shows all plugins if is on or close if it’s off. And maybe some clever policy for folder tracks and buses.

Ok, I think now I’ve got it too :wink:
The point is to find the function in the list of keyboard commands that corresponds to the action “Alt+Shift+Leftclick” onto the image symbol of a track, in order to be able to assign a key (combination) to it.
Well, as far as I know, there is no such function like “Open all Plugin-Windows” in Cubase.
There is, however, a “Show/Hide Plug-ins” function which can be used to show and hide plug-ins that have already been opened; and there is a “Close all Plugin-Windows” function to close all open plugin windows.

1 Like

+1 for

…and I’m out of votes! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi if you Alt+Shift+Click Edit Channel Settings track icon, it will open all plugin insert windows for that channel.

I can’t find a key command to do this same thing

As far as I know, there is no such function like “Open all Plugin-Windows” in Cubase.
There is, however, a “Show/Hide Plug-ins” function which can be used to show and hide plug-ins that have already been opened; and there is a “Close all Plugin-Windows” function to close all open plugin windows.

This function exists by alt+shift+clicking on the channels ‘e’ edit channel icon.

There’s just no shortcut command for it.

2 Likes

looking for this feature as well : ) ) ) any news? thx

If nothing more important pops up it is scheduled for Cubase 17.5.

1 Like

I would be happy even to open just one plugin from the inserts, so for me the 14.3 should be enough))

out of jokes, seen that you, starter pf thread answered, which one of the CMC controllers can open the plugin GUI from the selected channel?

Everyone or just one like the CH?

Thank you

It is only CH that has the ‘e’ knob, so to my knowledge it is only CH.

1 Like

yes, the logics would tell that

but the e opens the channel settings, not the plugins, and the Mackie protocol can open the inserted plugins. I am afraid that the CMC CH controller can only open the channel settings GUI, but not an inserted plugin GUI. That command has to be a macro or a shortcut/key command…mumble mumble…

sorry if I sound dumb)

If you press shift-alt and then press the ‘e’ on the CH it will open all plugins on the selected channel. If you press shift-command and ‘e’ it will close all. (Mac keyboard. I think command is win on microsoft)

I know that combination, that I use all the time. The problem is that it requires a mouse click, and a mouse click cant be implemented to map a midi controller eheheh))) that needs a keycommand or a macro.

But I have found the solution this night, I will write a post. And maybe resolving my problem*** there could be a work around for yours

***my problem was: assign to a generic remote controller a midi command to open inserted plugins GUI, I dont mind “all togheter”, and I have found a way to do it with “one button per GUI” and then to close “all together” with just 1 button for closing all. Tried already to “open all with one button” but not yet solved this.