Open/Close Plugin on Selected track Key Commands

It is a bit annoying, but that goes for all “meta” keys that modifies function within cubase.
But this one seems to work with a focus on any cubase window. Some other require that you have focus on a specific windows. Like the MCU.

Hi,try this

3 Likes

hi pablin, thank you very much, thats the same solution I have found, but dint implement the bypass buttons, I will do it like you did, thank you!

For me is very useful!!!

1 Like

Yes Please! Doing a lot of dialogue mixing automation with the same set of plugins across multiple tracks gets real confusing when you have to double check you are not automating the wrong track insert!

Either automatically open/closing plugins by track selection (preference I guess) or these key commands would make things very smooooth in comparison.

ok 10 votes for me…essential for fast and happy workflow

1 Like

Incase anyone might have missed - close plugin is ‘esc’… simple as that. I have it programed to one of my mouse’s extra buttons.
to program a button to open all plugins for a specific track is not possible yet as far as I know but I use Shift+E to access the Edit Channel settings and from there it’s one click so it’s fine for me (and then I close it with the Esc mouse button).

Esc does not close the window for me nor does SHIFT+. You have to hold ALT+SHIFT+ ciick edit
In the end Cubase has a very flakey application for any result.
In generic remote,

1. I execute a macro to open all plugins on selected track often 3-6 of them; button function is toggle
  2. When finished, I press button again which closes all plugin windows

BUT
you have to be focused on the console else it opens the strip settings

If you are on windows, AutoHotKey can solve virtually all of these key command issues. There is a learning curve in the beginning, but its definitely worth a look.

Hello there!

I Found a working solution for this problem. Just press a key, all plugins there, press it again, all plugins gone. No need to use a mouse. Here I made a video explaining how to set it up:

Open And Close All Plugins With ONE KEY SHORTCUT in Cubase

This work-around uses Keyboard Maestro to send MIDI and will thus only work for Mac computers.

Hi,

The Keyboard Maestro is in use to change a key command to 16 MIDI Messages. I believe there is a Windows software, which can do the same.

I’m thinking to replace the Generic Remote part with a MIDI Remote script.

I believe Bome’s MIDI Translator Pro can do this, but it’s a payed for software.
AutoHotKey can technically also map keyboard keystrokes to MIDI with some dll calls but I would consider this an advanced option. AHK is however free and open source.

I just wanted to let fellow Windows users know before they get their hopes up too high.

My first attempt to do this was with bome midi translator, but that only works with a midi controller. If you want to do it with a keyboard shortcut you need a software that maps a keyboard hotkey to midi. But I’m sure there has to be some options in windows to do this

As I wrote above, MIDI Translator Pro can do it as well as AutoHotKey with some “advanced” scripting. There might be others I’m not aware of.

Martin if you do the midi remote script, would you please share it here in the forum? That would be awesome!

1 Like

GR is doomed so maybe not the right way. (The function already exist so Steinberg just need to give us access to it).
And it would be nice if it works with multiple selected channels too. Does this GR handle that?

Hi,

I was probably too fast. It seems, It’s not possible to reach the Insert Slot (by using getByIndex()). This is available for the Sends, CueSends and Focus Quick Controls only.

Or am I wrong @m.c ?

Hi Martin, you are right.

You would need to iterate through each insert slot which can get tricky.
Anyway, I’ve prepared a snippet and here’s a small video demonstrating this:

I will obviously update with the code, BUT first I need to check something that I didn’t like in its behaviour :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent! Is this a loop that steps to the next plugin slot and then uses the “Edit Plugin” command?

I trust you for a reliable implementation (maintenance free, that is) but I don’t trust myself.

So for the time being I haven’t tried to do this, instead I have my vote cast for the keycommand feature request, or for slot-specific control of the inserts section.

1 Like