I’m working on a piece with a long cadenza. I’ve set the score to open meter and added bar lines manually in the soloing instrument. Then I’ve added a fermata in the remainder of the orchestra. So far so good.
When switching to Condensing view, however, the single bar rest with a fermata only appears on uncondensed instruments (e.g., Cor Anglais and Bass Clarinet in the attached screenshot). On subsequent pages, the uncondensed instruments are empty instead of the rest+fermata, but that’s fine too. The condensed staves show actual rests, which I don’t want.
(Separately, I’m hoping that hiding empty staves in particular bar/page ranges is on the near horizon – that would be wonderful for this kind of thing!)