Open XML and MXL in Dorico 4 - Bug

I have several MusicXML and MusicMXL files (imported from Sibelius). Some of them do not open with Dorico Pro 4, causing Dorico to close without warning and without actually opening the score. Those files open perfectly with Dorico Pro 3.5 and in Sibelius, so the problem is not with the files. I don’t know if it’s a known issue.

Could you post one of the files that is causing the issue?

Sure! Is an MXL, but with XML the same thing happens:

Thanks for this. The problem will be something to do with the way Dorico is importing percussion staves, but I’m not sure why this has changed since v3.5. We will have to investigate.

1 Like

If it opens in D 3.5, can you open the file(s) in 3.5 and export the flows as a stopgap until D 4.0 can open them on its own?

If you save it as a Droico file it opens fine. However, saving it again as another XML or MXL file fails the same way.

If you could also do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, that would be helpful. Both the crash dumps contained within and also the MusicXML import preferences you are using could prove instructive.

Here the diagnostics:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIGtYIFT8XhuwoUc5VTr2p7_K9sbdddB/view?usp=sharing

The MusicXML import preferences are the default, I have not changed them.