Opening .cpr files on different computers, audio won't play

Me again -.-

I’ve got a cubase file (.cpr) that I want to copy to a machine with Cubase Essential 5 at school, which is where I’m writing this. I’ve put the .cpr file onto a memory stick, and copied it onto the machine at school. When I open Cubase (using a USB dongle), get the message:
Syncrosoft License Control
Your system fingerprint is not valid anymore! The system’s hardware configuration has been changed!
Soft-eLicenser ‘SeL Nr. *********- *********’ and stored licenses have been disabled.
Hardware eLicensers are not affected!

Please contact your software vendors’ support department for help and reactivation.

When I click OK, I get the message:

Necessary files or information for the validity of the Soft-eLicenser have been changed or corrupted.
This can be caused by exchanging single files, the usage of cleanup and backup tools or similar.
Soft-eLicenser ‘SeL Nr. ********- ******** and stored licenses have been disabled.
Hardware eLicensers are not affected!

Please contact your software vendors’ support department for help and reactivation.

When I click okay on that one, cubase opens fine, but then I get a message:

Resolve missing files

And then a long list of .wav files which can’t be found.

After this Cubase opens fine, however the audio track doesn’t have any audio on it. It has the coloured box but no actual audio. The MIDI files play fine, but not the audio, which in this case is guitar.
The school computers are Macs (no idea what kind), with an M-Audio Radium 49 keyboard and an M-Audio FireWire Solo recording interface. They have all recently been formatted and rebuilt I think (again, I don’t know what exactly happened but a large majority of the class lost their work. I thankfully had mine on my home computer.)
Is there anyway somebody could help me resolve these issues, most importantly the missing audio files, as this is music coursework for school.

If you need any more information, just ask and I’ll be happy to give it to you.
Thanks in advance.

TommySayne

Well, if you don´t copy the audio filoes also, they will not be on the 2nd computer and therefore the other Cubase installation won´t find them, since they are on ayour computer at home. The .cpr-file does not contain the audio files.

You need to Prepare Archive to gather all media to the project folder and then copy the whole folder and not just the .cpr.

when you create a project folder all audio used in the project will be saved (when you save)in to that project folder automatically so all you need to do is copy the project folder to the 2nd computer ,but if you do not have the same audio and midi configuration then you will get error messages to set up the i/o busses

hope this helps
john

OMG! I DIDNT KNOW THAT! :L Thanks so much guys. :smiley: