opening Cubase 6.5-32-bit projects to C10

I did start thinking about this in an old post (https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=153687), but I still am trying to figure out how to do this. Now I actually have C10 installed on a new machine and am not sure just what all plugins I need to install. I have a whole slew of projects on the old machine using C6.5, 32-bit.

The big question is, for plugins that I used in those projects, if there is a 64-bit version installed on the new machine, is that enough for C10 to know to keep all the settings intact, but just load the 64-bit plugin instead? For instance, if a C6 project has and instrument track with 32-bit Diva on it, and I have only 64-bit Diva installed on the new machine, when I open that project on the new machine in C10, will that track survive with all Diva settings intact?

If not, do I install the 32-bit Diva on the new machine and then create a jbridged version? Will C10 then open the project and recognize the need for “32-bit Diva” and know to go use the jbridged version and, again, keep all the settings intact?

What about all the Cubase-supplied stock effects and plugins (reverbs, delays, etc)? Do they need to be jbridged as well so they retain their settings? Can they be, or are there locking/licensing issues?

Thanks.

It depends. If the 32-bit and 64-bit versions share the same ID, it should.

If not, do I install the 32-bit Diva on the new machine and then create a jbridged version?

Yes

Will C10 then open the project and recognize the need for “32-bit Diva” and know to go use the jbridged version and, again, keep all the settings intact?

Yes.

What about all the Cubase-supplied effects and plugins (reverbs, echoes, etc)? Do they need to be jbridged as well so they retain their settings? Can they be, or are there locking/licensing issues?

No, they should work out of the box.

I would recommend rendering all your files and saving presets before migrating fully 64-bit if you need to access those projects. Loading plug-ins via a bridge will not load their presets/settings that were saved with the project.

As far as I remember, at least with JBridge on Windows, the plugins should recall their settings without problems.