opening Cubase via Remote Desktop (not to stream audio)?

This might seem like an odd question but sometimes I have to do Exports/Renders from projects when I’m not at the studio or just sitting at another computer in another room. Or just check names of tracks etc.

Since the Aero requirement I haven’t been able to open Cubase when using Remote Desktop (or TeamViewer) any more. I have Aero enabled via Remote Desktop (following Microsofts guide) but Cubase still says that:
“This Steinberg product does not support ‘Basic and High Contrast Themes’ on Windows operating systems. Please use one of the ‘Aero’ themes that you can set in the Windows Control Panel.”

Any ideas on any other remote administration tool(s) that might work? :slight_smile:

Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise and windows server 2008 only allow full Aero glass with remote desktop.

It was already discussed and if I remember well, VNC was named as one solution (ultraVNC, TightVNC…)

Same problem!!!

some remote desktop applications use a video “mirror driver” which is not aero glass compatible. the requirement for aero graphics began with version 8 i believe. you must use a remote application which supports aero. VNC / Tight VNC will work

cheers

2 options :

-Open cubase before remote control access, once everything loaded cubase won’t block remote access and no visual problem is up
-Check “aero themes” in teamviewer and you can open cubase next

I ended up using TightVNC. It’s free and it works.