Opening MIDI event issue...

Using Cubase 6.0.3 on iMac quad i7 and OSX 10.6.8

I have noticed an issue where if I have two MIDI events, when programming drums, and I open one of them to program hits in, then switch to the project window and open the other event I am using, both windows become the same event that I opened. Sometimes I need to have both open to move hits on one to match up with my mapping if I am using a different drum VSTi than the original MIDI was created for, etc. in order to see the original and move things for the one I have. I have looked around to see if there is some setting I need to change but no luck there. I am assuming it is just some weird bug in the program.

I realize I could just go in to the map editors and change the output note for everything, which I have done in the past. But the way I am used to doing it is faster, just quickly select the entire line of notes, move it up/down to where it needs to be, next, etc. I could do this in Cubase 4 and 5.

Update: Made a video:

Update: I am using 6.0.3 as I said in my OP but someone using 6.0.5 can recreate the same issue. That and the fact that the 6.0.5 update does not address the issue (or have anything I need in it), according to the changelog, is why I haven’t updated. In case anyone was going to suggest that :slight_smile:

Preferences>Editing>“Link Editors” (uncheck it).

YOU ROCK. Thank you very much.