Opening two sample editors

I would like to use VariAudio to adjust a timing of the double tracked vocal track to match the other one. For that I would need to see both waveforms at the same time. In cubase 6 I could open both tracks in separate sample editors and align them on top of each other, but I can’t find a way in cubase 7 to see both at the same time. How should I do this?

I havent adjusted the VariAudio segments to syllables exactly, so I cant just make them equal lengths. I would need to see the actual waveforms of both tracks at the same time to do the editing.

Hi Joza

i don’t remember quite how to do it as I’m not at the studio machine right now, I"think" if you select BOTH the audio parts you want to edit with variaudio and then open the sample editor, the Tracks will show up one on top of the other along with the Variaudio pitch data, I did it a coupl’a weeks ago with some harmony tracks I needed to line up, seemed to work pretty well.

Best Regards

Dave

When I open them both I can see the VariAudio “blocks” on top of each other, but I can see waveform and exact pitch data only from the track that is currently active. I can’t figure out how to make them both active at the same time.

Hi, Joza.
To open both tracks in separate sample editors you have to uncheck “Link Editors” in
Preferences =>Editing.

Did you ever find how to see 2 wave forms at the same time to work out vocal timing? I have the same issue.