Opening VST songs in Cubase 6

I’ve got some old Cubase VST 24 songs I need to open in Cubase 6 (mac OS 10.5.8). Tried downloading the “Cubase_SX_3_VST_Song_Conversion” file. No joy, wouldn’t download. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

What do you mean by wouldn’t download? The download starts ok from this link:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_4/Cubase_SX_3_VST_Song_Conversion

Not for me. I click on the link and nothing happens. I try “save linked file as” and in download window the file is stuck perpetually “preparing to download.”

Try this instead:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net:21//Download/Cubase_4/Cubase_SX_3_VST_Song_Conversion/Mac/SX3.1_CD_Installer_Mac.dmg

This link should work for you. After you install it, go and download the latest eLicencer form here:

http://download.elicenser.net/downloads/eLicenserControl.dmg

…and run that before you launch SX-3 on your Mac. If SX-3 launches OK…you should be good to go. If it crashes while launching, you need to temporarily move the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder into another folder (which you should name Unused VST…or something like that). Then relaunch SX-3. It should now work well enough to import your older files. Then save the result as an SX-3 .cpr file. This will open fine in Cubase 6.

When you’re done making the transfers, don’t forget to move the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder back out to the Plug-Ins folder level.

Thanks a million for the new link, Weasel ! Worked a treat.