Operation manual

Try this page.

First thing you should probably do, ErnieMuse, is watch all the little videos in Youtube Dorico’s channel. Definetely worth the watch.

<<First thing you should probably do, ErnieMuse, is watch all the little videos in Youtube Dorico’s channel. Definetely worth the watch.>>
I have watched many of those, but a written manual is infinitely faster to read and reference than a video. Are there written transcriptions of the videos?

<>
Thanks Mark, I know about that Dorico Document but it does not cover everything. Is there a document that explains every Menu command? I cannot find it.

You might find it useful to be able to see, copy and select the automatic transcription of the videos in your browser. This definitely works in Chrome, but might also work in other browsers too.

First, go here:

https://rawgit.com/jerryasher/yt-transcript/master/yt-transcripts.html

Drag the blue link “YT Transcript Dialog” up onto your browser’s bookmarks bar, so that it’s always visible and you can click it.

Next, go to one of Ant’s videos, e.g. this one.

In the YouTube video itself, click the little “closed captions” button so that the subtitles appear on top of the video.

Now, click the “YT Transcript Dialog” button you dragged onto the bookmarks bar. A window will appear, with all of the text from the video, ready for you to copy and paste into another application.

Unfortunately there’s no punctuation in the text, because the text is created automatically by YouTube doing voice-to-text transcription on the voice-over, but hopefully it’s better than nothing to get started.

If you aren’t already aware of it, go to Help–>Key Commands in Dorico to see a comprehensive list of shortcuts.

<<If you aren’t already aware of it, go to Help–>Key Commands in Dorico to see a comprehensive list of shortcuts.>>

Yes I am aware, but it does not explain the functions of the Commands.

Daniel, thanks, I am now transcribing the videos. Still, it will be nice to have a comprehensive manual.

Has this PDF been updated for v1.1 ? I still can;t find a link to the PDF in Steinberg help pages.

benwiggy,

That link which Daniel gave to Carlos above is itself a way to view the PDF online and/or download it as a free-standing file to use when not connected.

The 1.1 features are documented only here: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Dorico/1.1.0/Dorico_Version_History_1.1.pdf
Neither the help, nor the 1.0 operations manual has been updated. (Daniel has said they hired a new doc writer this summer, so hopefully they’ll get it all consolidated in the fall.)

Yes, but that doesn’t answer the question of whether it has been updated. From what Traublitz says, I’m guessing it’s a No.

It has not been updated recently, no. We are working hard on updating it, but we won’t be publishing an update until we have a significant amount of new content ready.

A quick comment regarding documentation:
Daniel, if you can find the time, it would be nice if you could include a list of all the new default key commands in the version history document for future updates (at least the minor ones). For those of us with a lot of customization (due to keyboard language), it might be faster to adapt these manually than using ‘Reset key commands’.

Hello, I update this my old post to ask if there are news about the localisation of the complete manual of Dorico.
thank you

We are still working on it, and we are taking steps to bring additional translators on board to accelerate the remaining work. We’re sorry for the continued delay.

thank you Daniel! looking forward to IT :wink:
Antonio F.