Opinion after 7 days with Cubase 7...

Did you try the full DVD installer?

Yes, it was installed from boxed DVD

I believe the DVD is a complete installer, so was there an existing installation present at all?

I and one or two others had problems with the HSSE Hybrid set install. Mine was from the full boxed DVD version.

There was a specific thread on the subject where I posted a workaround. When I searched, the thread had been combined with the general missing content thread even though I’m not entirely convinced the two issues are related.

Anyway, the original thread was titled ‘No Halion Sonic SE Hybrid Sounds ?’ you can follow it at the bottom of page 6:

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=29434&start=125

My workaround appears midway down page 10:
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=29434&start=225

Although the subject is placed within a thread listed as [SOLVED] I’m not sure whether this issue remains on some systems.

Hope this at least gets your Hybrid sounds installed.

You keep saying in your post “we” who is we?

I have had my copy for only a few days as well. I have pruned my large default template of all 32 bit plug-ins and moved many VI’s into a VE Pro project. VI’s that did not move were better left as part of the project template. With ASIO-Gaurd and multi-processing set to ON, I have not been able to get this project to use a buffer smaller then 512 KB. I had hoped to get the buffer down to 256 KB but it does not appear possible at this time.

Overall, I am happy with the update. I am not back from using other DAW as of yet but as I slim my projects to reflect a smaller amount of VIs, I am certain that the buffers will come down to a more manageable level. CS.

PS. I de-activated the VE Pro instances and my default large project is useable with a 256 KB buffer. Also, my signature does not reflect the fact that I have been using Cubase or it’s derivative names since v3. :slight_smile:

Why, me and MY precious of course, who else? :open_mouth: but lets stick to the issues and not wander off on to eating fish and other subjects please :unamused:

This is pretty much my opinion exactly!

I’ve had no issues with the hub - always connects within a few seconds, but I just don’t ever wanna see the damn thing. I’ve also had no issues with presets etc (although I’m on a mac) or with ilok2, and the chord track is a useful thing as you say.

So general function and the edit window etc is great - as it always was.

The mix console however is a mess.

It is clunky, slow and unwieldy accessing the racks & sends etc.
Resizing the window has me cursing it every day as the fader size gets thrown out of wack and I end up with foot high faders!
The graphics in general are smudgy and unclear - really noticeable when you go back to the edit window.
Sizing of gui elements is really strange as you say - great big sliders for sends, pan etc, but tiny power buttons that are hidden until you hover over them.
The text gets lost and the knobs of the built in channel strip end up overwriting themselves at smaller mixer sizes.

There’s also a problem opening it from the edit window - it often opens and closes with a single click. And when set to always on top, the mac traffic light window buttons are broken.

I don’t use the control room function, so I’d like to totally erase it from view - but I can’t - it’s everywhere wasting space!

New sessions are ok, but V6 sessions opened in V7 don’t recall any mixer settings when saved and reopened - the mixer always goes back to its default setting.

This is one of my more enjoyable pastimes when using Cubase (especially when there’s a new version or compelling update).

Excellent detective work there amt! Tried your work around and one issue solved, thank you :slight_smile: there’s actually quite a few files that seem to be missing comparing DVD to HD, now we wonders what we have and have not got, don’t we my precious :laughing:

Here’s our asio meter compared to 6.5
6.5 Meter.png
Brick Meter.png

I am fairly sure it’s important to stick to facts and to be clear.

If you click on the icon at the top left of the mixer you can choose to see or not the control room function, there’s no real use for it here mst of the time, but you do need to set it up to listen to the auto preiveiw for loops and midi loops etc. the much vaulted master meter is again HUGE though we have no real use as all output is directly out via groups and light pipe to hardware desk/controller

I did not know this, but can you still preview audio clips in the same way as synthesizer presets?

Yes you do, though once done you never have to see it again as you can hide it via the setup windows layout in the top left hand side of the mix console view.

Before you do that, go vst connections-Studio, switch on the control room, it will turn blue and the configuration next to it can be set to stereo. Click on the various buttons in the bottom of the control room and set to your taste. You can also set the “listen” level in there that will boost level of a track by pressing the “L” on thr console, that will allow you hear a part louder than the rest of the track without having solo it which is cool! You can also set other ins and outs as well as cue mixes ect from the control panel.It only has to be done once, you can forget about the control room part then, just hide as mentioned before and recall it if you need :slight_smile:

Oh! One more thing, in the bottom part of the control panel, left hand side, you should switch the “Mix” button on and set the signal level up to a comfortable level for yourself, if you don’t do that, the level control slider on the transport bar won’t work, that’s an essential to pull the whole level down quickly when you need to :slight_smile:

Apologies on that one, there are actually eight screen sets that auto increment as you add the fourth one (we still haven’t read at the manual, maybe we should, but PDF’s are horrible, you can’t beat a book to read at night, feet up or in bed, chilled away from a PC screen) we still think there should be an option to name them when saving though, now that there’s eight locations, it will be even harder to remember whats on what button !!!

I just asked you a question weirdo. Why the stupid answer?

Why are you getting all worked up over it?

you did, I didn’t I just asked a question.

:unamused: Maybe your the weirdo and obviously have no sense of humour or maybe just a dislike for film quotes. Maybe your just ignorant and don’t understand that “we” is generally understood to be more than one person, who in this instance, happen to write together on the same system at the same time. Who those people are is certainly none of your business.

This is a technical forum where debate on issues that people encounter using the products purveyed by the forum proprietors. If your unable to engage in valuable discussions on issues that are posted (and hopefully resolved to the benefit of many other people who may be encountering the same issues on their system) I would suggest you go and dancealot in a forum where flaming other people is more acceptable.

Back to C7 discussion yeah?