Opinions on Mac for Cubase?

I just recently upgraded to CB8 and love it to bits for the most part.
I’m using a a 2014 MacBook Pro Quad i7, 2.5ghz, 16G RAM and dual Video (Intel Iris Pro + NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M)

I’ve been a loyal Mac user my entire career and my exposure to windows has been very limited so I can’t make any direct comparisons.

On the laptop’s 15” Retina display the graphics seem fine. I’m looking forward to Retina support for larger monitors though. But I suppose that’s the same of both PC or MAC.

I agree with jxm about the PC-ish graphic sensibilities but that’s something that’s been happening since Cubase SX and I’ve sort-of learned to live with it. Cubase runs circles around Logic and almost amy other DAW so acclimating to the GUI is well worth it.

hi everyone
i need help and i feel so upset
i just bought
tools for ur 44 steinberg
my mac is so old and i dont have the money to buy a better newer mac
i have version 10.5.8
when i put the cd in the mac it says that this cd does not work on this mac

can anyone give me a link that upgrades mac 10.5.8 to a newer version?
thanks so much
god bless

I’m running C8 on a Mini workstation (i7 quad) and it has been great. It seems very fast (I don’t detect any graphics sluggishness) and that’s running dual monitors. Maybe that’s because these are 23" cinema displays and aren’t 4k but it is just a zippy as any other program (LPX, DP8, Ableton).

The new ASIO Guard means I have been able to leave LPX and still be able to compose larger pieces. I did start on Cubase Score 1.0 way back in the day till i switched to DP then LP from 7 through X. Now I’m back with C8 and I’m very happy with it.

Chris