Oppenheimer transcription

If folks are interested, here is a transcription of Ludwig Göransson’s montage cue “Can You Hear the Music” from Oppenheimer, made with the help of his excellent interview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvX4M1dXss

I also made a video of the original soundtrack cue which is sync’d to the Dorico file - it’s too big to attach but you can download it below. I recommend downloading the video, it’s fun to have the score and midi with the actual soundtrack to compare. Originally I made this for my sophomore music theory class, but I thought it may be useful for people interested in film scoring, as well.

I’ve done the best I can, but I won’t be at all surprised to find mistakes. And there are a couple of minor Dorico issues. First, as others have requested, it would be nice to be able to attach an mp3 file instead of having to make a video file. And for the brass glissandi, to get them to start at the right time, I had to use a slur (instead of a tie), in bars 37 and 46. But it’s been a fun project, and the piece is truly amazing - the whole soundtrack (not to mention the film) is first rate.

Oppenheimer-sequence.dorico (2.0 MB)

10 Likes

Great @Stephen_Taylor, thank you for sharing it!

1 Like