Optimizing Select Systems ?

Hi,

I have a Piano Quartet (5 staves per system). In this score I’ve left all the staves showing at all times, even when not playing.

However for the last system, which is just piano, I’d like to show only those two staves, and squeeze that in on the last page.

Is there a way to do that ?

Many thanks!

You may instead set all staves to hide… In such cases, I think the standard way to prevent empty staves from hiding is to put e.g. a couple of text (shift-x) spaces on those staves. The downside is that those will break multimeasure rests in the parts…

Thank!

I hope Steiny is adding features on this front. Their global settings are very powerful, but system-by-system control over what staves to show is really essential imo.

I agree, I used to do that all the time in the other software-that-shall-not-be-named. In general I find dorico doesn’t allow the freedom between score vs. parts that I’m used to. I’m still learning though, so maybe there are solutions I haven’t discovered to the various situations like this one that I’ve come across.

This is one of the most awkward things in Dorico for me…but Daniel has said that solutions are coming. I’m sure these will leap over the functionality of F…