Option for Snap Events to include MIDI notes or new snap type 'Events (+MIDI Notes)'

Even just adjusting the start or end of a MIDI part to the beginning or end of the first or last note is such a chore! Or maybe there is a way to do this I’ve never known about? Currently I use ‘Edit In Place’ select first note then, move cursor to selection, close Edit In Place, then trim.

This would require that snap to events would be able to “look into” MIDI parts and acknowledge note positions. (maybe ignore muted MIDI notes)

I’m likely misunderstanding what you are trying to do. But won’t Quantize do this?

Thanks for attempting to understand, but definitely misunderstanding :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t really have anything to do with quantize, at least not on first thought…

We’re talking about specifically Event Snap, ie object to object snap. It’s not necessarily grid dependent.

So, in the most blatant example - being able to drag an audio event and have it snap to a MIDI event (note) contained within a part.

Or, using the scissor cut/splice tool, having that tools cursor guide line snap to MIDI notes contained within parts so you can cut the MIDI part right where the note start is.

banned spammer/troll