option to export CSV marker list in seconds

Right now, a .CSV track marker file can only be exported with a time code reference. I would love to have the ability to export the markers in seconds for complete accuracy.

I’m doing a project right now where I’m exporting cycle markers that have been dropped over audio clips, externally editing the marker list CSV, and then importing the CSV list back into the project.

The issue I’m having is that the clips don’t lie neatly on frame boundaries, so when the time-code-referenced cycle markers are imported back into the project, they don’t land at the same spot where the original cycle markers are - they land at the closest frame reference.

The workaround for me is to first snap each clip to the closest frame, then write the cycle markers before exporting, editing, and importing the edited list, but it would be great to have the option to export markers with their correct position in milliseconds.

:smiley:

Hi Dan,

I see what you mean, but importing the .csv file in seconds won’t help since 1 frame is only a 24th or 25th (…) of a second.
So it would have to be samples or subframes.

Fredo

Rights, sorry, Fredo.

To be clear, by “seconds” I meant a time format that included seconds, 10ths, and 100ths of seconds, as it’s displayed on the “primary time display” when you choose “seconds” as opposed to “time code”, or “samples”.

So, the exported .CSV would record a position to the millisecond.

I suppose, ideally, it would be nice to have the option to export the .CSV to include any of the supported options, either samples, seconds, or time code.

What do you think, Fredo? Any chance this could be implemented?

To be honest, I don’t think this will be high up the “todo”-list.
The whole .csv import/export has been build for creating/importing/exchanging EDL information, which is basically always based on Timecode.
But it doesn’t hurt to ask. :slight_smile:

Fredo

Gotcha. Thanks!