Options>>>Plug-in organization>>>help

1. Is there any way to transfer organized plug-ins from WL6 to WL7?
  2. Once plug-ins are all set up in plug-in organization, where is this wavelab file stored in case someday I’m forced to trash all my preferences like in Cubase? (When trashing in Cubase I always save my key commands, preferences, etc on the desk top)
  3. In plug-in organization screen, there is only 5 options: New group, delete group, shortcut, undo changes, and a box to check for automatic sub menus. I keep this box checked.

My problem is group folders containing a large amount of plug ins…for example Waves. There are so many Waves plug-ins I would like to create a sub-folder and categorize the plug-ins. How do I do this? I can’t seem to create any folder inside the Waves folder.

thanks

PS I have a feeling if there was a decent WL7 MANUAL I would not be asking this question…I’m just saying… :mrgreen:

1. I am sorry, this is not possible.

2. C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\Preferences\PlugInPref.set

3. You can’t create a folder in a folder.
    Hint: you can select several plugins and drag them in the same time, to put them in a folder.

Philippe

Thanks for the reply PG.

Regarding your hint: It was incredibly frustrating moving any files around because unlike typical Microsoft windows when you drag up or down with the mouse, the screen does not scroll.

Anyway thanks for the file location…

Regarding your hint: It was incredibly frustrating moving any files around because unlike typical Microsoft windows when you drag up or down with the mouse, the screen does not scroll.

Yes it scrolls, you have to move slowly near the border outside and stay there.

Philippe