Orchestra Scoring: Two questions

Hi Lillie— I am going to try this. But one question remains: Can I create just one page (Page 140) by itself and then insert it into the full score? Or must I somehow go to Page 139 in the completed full score first and somehow interpolate another page into the already created music?

When I said “printed out” I meant I made hard copies of the forum responders’ answers.

1 Like

You should indeed go to page 139 and insert sufficient bars at that point for the new music you want to add, then write it in situ. Here are a few methods of inserting bars:

https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v4/en/search.html?searchQuery=insert%20bars

Thanks for the feedback Bill – I won’t reply too much further here, both to avoid derailing this thread too much further and because I think my previous replies to you on this topic basically already include everything I’d write anyway.

As it might be relevant to the thread in general, I will however share a link to John Barron’s delightful quick’n’easy guide “Getting started with note input” (available via the Dorico Resources page)

@prman we’ve got plans for improvements in the area of “introducing new users to how to access and format parts in Dorico”. Thanks once again for sharing your feedback.

I find it helpful to enter music in Galley View, and have the condensed + hide empty staves score in a separate tab, in whatever the other view is called.

It doesn’t matter when you select those options. Dorico applies them to the musical content in the layout, so you can toggle them on and off as you like. You can even have multiple layouts with different settings.