Order of Textitems (paragraph styles?)

Hi Dorico community,
I wonder how I can change the order of different text items at the same place. I found out that Dorico seems to render new items outmost, but is it really the only possibility to change order to delete and reenter everything from inner to outer?
Here’s some background: I’m arranging some medleys for my band. I made custom paragraph styles for song titles (parts in the medley), form parts (like verse/chorus etc.) and text cues for. e.g. lyrics. Obviously these three might be needed at the same place, but I’d prefer them to be Title outmost, form in the middle and text cues directly above the system, no matter in which order they were entered. Is there any possibility to teach Dorico to do this? I’d really like to decide this on a global basis and not have to correct it manually in each layout.
Thank you for your help and ideas!

1 Like

There isn’t a feature to do this at the moment, I’m afraid. Adjusting their relative positions in Engrave mode might be quicker than removing them and recreating them.

1 Like

Wow, thank you for your super-quick reply, Daniel!
What workaround is quicker depends on the layout count… I often have these notes as system objects since they might be useful for every player… this stacks up pretty fast for the manual corrections! :wink:
Would be great if you could take some kind of solution into account; Dorico has to have some kind of internal priority list for each metric position anyway, so I’d just appreciate a possibility to change that (two commands like move out/move in would already help a lot)…

1 Like