Orhestral Instruments quantization

Hi, could you please share some ideas about the quantize panel for Orhestra quantization?

Is better to use Iterative Quantize, Swing or both for orcehstral instruments?

Or something else from the quantize panel?

Thank you!

Hi,

Myself, I’m using Iterative Quantize, if I need. This makes the music closer to the grid, but it still keeps the basic of the feelings.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, what amount of Iterative Quantize do you suggest?

Hi,

It depends on your playing skills. You can try with 20%, if it’s not enough, you can press Q again, it will do the 20% from the new one. Then again and again, if you are still not satisfied.

1 Like

Hi,

You can do so. But myself, I prefer to iQ all notes together. By doing this, I do everything tighter but still with the very same delta distances between the notes.

Hi,

Exactly, by the amount you set. If you set 100%, then it matches to the grid. If you set iQ to 50% it will move exactly between the original position and the grid.

If this is true, why not to use a little of Non-Q, to not move these ‘‘close to the grid’’ notes closer, loosing the human feeling, but IQ only will catch the ‘‘far from the grid’’ notes?

Hi,

Because then you change the relation timing between the quantized and non-quantized notes. At least this is my way.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, but you don’t want just IQ these notes that are far from the tempo?
Maybe the most notes will be closer, if you are a good player and you are happy where they are.

Hi,

Yes, this might be other and valid approach. Myself, I prefer to keep the timing and the exact noted order, just make it tight to the grid.

1 Like