I’m having a tough time with Cubase Pro 8 on my Mac Pro 3,1 running 10.9 and have noticed plenty of other people are having very similar issues. I’m starting this thread for those of us on OS X 10.9 that are experiencing issues. I’d like to start gathering and comparing bug reports so that we can get a post up in the Issues forum—if, indeed, there are legitimate issues with C8.
As experience with seems to differ wildly from user to user, the other topic threads that I’ve tried discussing this in degenerate into arguments or sidetracks.
I am strictly interested in OS X 10.9, trying to laser-focus so we can troubleshoot and/or submit an ISSUE post to Steiny; but, if you’re in another version and experiencing the same issue, please chime in.
Please make sure your signature or post includes:
- Your Mac’s details (Model/Year/Any upgrades? etc)
- Especially important: Is your OS X a clean install or an upgrade?
- Also important: List any 3rd-party OS X apps you have installed that mod the OS’s behaviour or run in the menu bar (i.e., TotalFinder; Default FolderX; jiTouch; A Better Finder; etc). Some people are reporting insta-fixes from terminating some of these apps
- Gear details (Interface, etc)
- Issue and steps to reproduce
What I am not interested in is:
- Lectures about how to setup computers/Macs/OS X
- How awesim your Mac skills/setup are
- People telling us that their system is fine/we’re crazy/we installed it wrong/our OS’s are “sandy”, etc
- Bickering or arguing over possible causes
Thanks… Let’s see what we can find out. I’m hoping we can discover some common issues and get things humming along!