OSX Mac users - Please chip in.

Yes however - thats not what people are saying here. People are saying there has been a drop in performance for Yosemite to El Capitan. Not an ambiguous slow UI.

That may be completely normal as well. Such is the way of the software industry unfortunately, and has been for decades. Outside of mobile software and web browsers, I haven’t really seen many performance related updates. Apple has been specifically optimizing power usage lately, and that may well bring some performance regressions with it.

To verify the actual performance regressions though, people should really compare side to side, otherwise the danger of a placebo effect is too high.

Just moved to El Cap and I must say the display refresh is massively impeded compared to how it was in Mavericks. I haven’t noticed a degradation in audio, just the display seems unable to keep up when having more than a couple of plugins displaying at once and automation seems to make this much worse.

Ive just loaded the same composition I was working in on Mavericks with the same version of everything only an fresh install of El Cap.

cheers

Al

Long time user but I’m now using Logic X full time and won’t be upgrading to Cubase 9 until the gui performance is fixed on Mac. Please see my thread

Hi. Im on iMac 2012 OS X El Cap. 3.4 Ghz Intel i7 32 GB Ram 1600 Mhz Nivida GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB running Cubase 8.5.20 and with Focusrite Safire Liquid 56. After uppgade to El Cap. my Cubase seems to start just a little bit faster and it´s also stable. compared from Yosemite, no graphic issues what so ever ?!
I´m Pleased.
/T

Are you using an external monitor?

Hi there my gui has been ridiculously laggy recently as regards Cubase 8.5 zooming in and out virtually everywhere. There are only a couple of channels, one vst instrument (kontakt, but makes no difference with or without anyway) and all inserts off. The rest of the computer is fine. The CPU indicator within Cubase is virtually at the bottom. Came here to find a cure but not looking too hopeful by the looks of things above :-/

I am not using the laptop monitor, but have two externals (Sony and Raven MTi)

MacBook Pro
2,5 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB