Out of tune vsti pianos?

I have PMed the cpr. There are two BX3s. Thank you.

I think I have successfully PMed the cpr.

Unfortunately downloading from the IK server is too slow to use. Iā€™ll come back to this when I can download the vst.

Have you disconnected all devices that send midi messages from your setup to test this by the way?

I let it loop for a while, no detuning happened.

I think that leaves the midi guitar as the issue. On the midi violin I had for years, a sympathetic resonance could make a string vibrate - which would then send a midi note, sometimes along with some pitch bend.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking it is. That, or maybe your proximity to Stonehenge.

Only one problem. I did not use the midi guitar on this project as I was worried that it would cause an issue. .It is intermittent and comes and goes. I do think that it ios something to do with my system and it is beginning to be irritating as it interrupts creativity. Thanks Steve I appreciate you input. Probably an adjacent ley line. Perhaps if I cover myself in Woad it will go away?

1 Like

Another thing that happens, I nearly forgot -. With the Affected track/Channel in the arrange page I try to mute or solo, but this action is not replicated on the mixer, yet when I mute or solo that same track on the mixer it works.

you ruled out corrupt prefs already?

Woad? Well only if you tune A to 432 hz ā€¦

Owing to the fermentation process and the resulting powder, the crystals vibrate at 429Hz.

I tried to record the tuning disparity but the recording is in tune. This is becoming a very annoying issue.

But you donā€™t have a chorus or doubler vst somewhere in the audiopath ?

I am afraid not. Even for me that would be too obvious. However, I would be willing to be proved wrong!

Any controller attached ? Checked All Midi In, is not turned on for something . Any remote app. connected ?

I have deleted Jam Origin Midi guitar. I have checked all the midi controller lanes for any control info .and have no remote app connected. I have rendered to audio the two midi parts so that I could carry on working. It is very weird as whenever these two parts go out of tune when I export they sound fine and when I render they sound fine. .

I am sure that I have inadvertently done something to introduce this tuning instability but I damned if I know what it is.

Edit: The deleted prefs did not work.

I think this is a salutary lesson for anyone setting up a new computer. I am very glad that I had not been bad-mouthing Cubase 11. I think that I have found the cause of this weird tuning issue. I decided that after being at a loss for a few weeks that I would update the drivers and fut file for my RME Fireface UC. Having done that I decided to bring up the Fireface control panel. and I suddenly noticed something at odds with normal.

The sample rate was wrong and I thought ā€œwhat the hellā€? I then noticed that the Pitch was set to .2/.1 and I changed to .0 like a bloody idiot without writing the exact difference down. Now I have a particularly difficult dilemma. All the work I have done since I bought the new computer will have issues. Old projects that have been updated will have tuning issues between the old audio parts and the new ones. The New projects will be slower and the midi parts might well have issues.

I did wonder why it was so difficult to get the guitars in tune with some projects. I have been talking with a friend about this and his sound card does not have this facility to speed up or slow down the DAW. Great facility when you need to record something with a fixed out of tune pitch. However, not so good if you have accidentally altered a parameter like pitch.

I will leave it for a few days to say whether the problem has been solved.

1 Like

very interesting, good sleuthing.

Ahh, yes that has happened to me, must have clicked in the wrong place. Thankfully I noticed it before doing any recording.
Thanks for letting us know.

Itā€™s certainly a lesson to me 3 months of work to sort out. However, one thing at least. I have managed to work through yet another issue before support gets back to me. Iā€™m getting used to this. Letā€™s hope to goodness this is the issue. The second lesson is to beware blaming Cubase for a fault before you have exhausted every possibility, so just as well I didnā€™t.

1 Like

I have to say that I feel rather despondent at the though of having to redo all of the work I have done over the last three months. Unfortunately I tried working upon a current project and the slightly out of tune guitars are going to drive me mad when I start to add new parts.

Edit: On the other hand it could an opportunity to improve, replace and change. A creative challenge whatever. Iā€™m not good at moping!

Oh Gawd the damn detune nightmare is back. The amount of detune is between 37-40 cents, not quite half a semitone. If I am lucky I can shut down Cubase then when I have started it render in place before it goes out of tune again.

What the hell is causing it because I am damned if I know. I have got a work around for thos instruments that have fine tuning as I can automate it at 0, which seems to work some of the time!!!

I have tried everything. I need answersā€¦but where will they be found.