Outdated UI

Note to Forum Admin: If there is a feature request area of the forum, please forward this post there, as appropriate.

Hello,

I’ve been wondering why Wavelab hasn’t been updated with the latest UI libraries that Cubase 8 is using.

As a matter of fact, since both programs are developed by Steinberg, there is not practical reason why they could not be sharing UI and software interface (API) libraries.

I’d be very fond of Steinberg considering this: It would make sense to expand the Cubase DAW environment to support Wavelab projects, effectively unifying WaveLab into the DAW environment as a module, similarly to VSTs that are capable of running as standalone applications or inside the DAW, e.g. Halion 5.

I hope you find the idea useful for future development of Wavelab’s user experience.

Kind regards,

Nikos

FYI: This has been a discussion for ages. 10 years ago people were complaining Wavelab looked like Windows 95. Steinberg is obviously aware of the differences. However, it may be not as easy as you make it seem (‘there is not practical reason why they could not be sharing UI and software interface (API) libraries’).

Anyway, some care, some don’t. I own and use both Cubase and Wavelab and love both for their functionality. And as long as there are no green texts against bright blue backgrounds staring me in the eye it’s OK by me.

More integration of Cubase and Wavelab would be welcome (edit audio from CB into WL and have changes reflected immediately), but WL is a complex DAW of its own which I prefer to keep separate from CB. The use of Wavelab is simply so different from Cubase.