Output Audio Through Headphones Attached in Computer

I have Cubase le 4 and a tascam us 1641 device. however, i dont have a converter to let my headphones be attached in the device like a guitar cable does (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O3T/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00)
is there any way for me to plug a guitar into the input in the us 1641 and listen to what im playing through headphones attached to my computer?
i may not be being specific enough, so just tell me if you need more info

himself: Check out the Tascam US-1641 Manual Google :wink:

Jack :slight_smile:

Yes that is probably possible, but not ideal. Doing that, you’d be using the Tascam AND your onboard soundcard at the same time. To achieve this in Cubase, you will have to use ASIO4All, a generic ASIO driver that can access several audio interfaces simultaneously. You can download this and set it up to use whichever in and outputs you wish. The disadvantage of this is however that the onboad soundcard will probably drag down the performance of your Tascam as well, in the sense that you will probably have to use a much higher latency to get stable playback. Believe me, a delay between playing and hearing isn’t nice.
It’s worth a shot though, but if it doesn’t work out I’m sure you can get a converter plug for your headphones very cheaply somewhere.

Jack: I looked through it for instructions on how to do this, but there isnt anything

Strophoid: thank you for a solution, but i would rather not have some lag between my playing and what i hear. ill just buy a converter, its not that much money

thank you both, its always nice to know there are people that can answer my questions about this stuff