Output Bus Confusion Between Essential Versions

Hello;

More newbie type questions…

I’m currently using Essential 4.5 with an RME HDSP9652 PCI interface. The RME has 24 channels if ADAT I/O.

The Essential 4 manual states “In Cubase Essential, you can create up to 8 stereo busses and 16 mono busses”
The Essential 5 manual states “In Cubase Essential, you can create up to 16 stereo busses and 32 mono busses”

First question… regarding the number of busses… is that input, or ouput, or a total for both?

Second question… I believe my VST connection setups in 4.5 is showing one preset as “26 mono busses”.
Was that changed in the latest version of essential 4 ?

Thanks

You “believe”…? Since it´s your version, you can simply verify that, just as the number of input- output busses then rephrase your question if necessary…
For the question about version 5: It´s 16 stereo inputs and 16 stereo outputs.

Yes, “I believe” meaning I’m not absolutely sure because I didn’t have my machine right in front of me when I typed that… my bad… :unamused:

So I open up VST connections, there is a list of various I/O configurations. It shows 26 possible input and output busses in different stereo/mono configurations, not 16 like the manual says. Huh?, is this hardware dependant and not a limit set by Cubase?

If the number of available busses is dependant on hardware, why does it state “you can create up to 8 stereo busses and 16 mono busses”

That’s why I asked about a bus configuration change in 4.5.2