Hi, I have discovered what looks to me to be a bug with the channel editor. I couldn’t see it listed anywhere, but apologies if it has already been reported.
The problem can be demonstrated for multi-timbral VSTs instantiated as either rack or track instruments. It is just described here using a rack instrument as an example.
- Create a new project
- Add an instance of HALion Sonic SE to the rack & enable output ‘HSSE Out 2’
- Create two midi tracks (‘MIDI 01’ & ‘MIDI 02’)
- Connect track one to HS channel 1
- Connect track two to HS channel 2 and set output selector in the inspector to ‘HSSE Out 2’
- With focus on track two, open the channel editor and make sure ‘Show Output Chain’ is enabled. It will show the chain as ‘MIDI 02’->‘HSSE Out 2’ (As expected)
- Save the project, exit, and re-open it
- Repeat step 6. Although the Inspector still shows the output selector as ‘HSSE Out 2’, the channel editor now shows it as ‘MIDI 02’->‘HSSE Main’
Can anyone else reproduce the same please?