output file name not valid

having a problem exporting a file from the montage… after doing this for years, every day, i must have clicked some button somewhere or pressed something by accident because it’s not working anymore…

trying to export a vinyl side file from a montage with my own custom naming scheme (SIDE A, as seen in the screenshot)… but when i do i get a “output file name not valid” error… the only thing i can think of is that something is supposed to be written in the “Name” field on the left… but i have never manually typed anything in there before… as my exports get auto-named.

if i click the dropdown menu with “Name” i get a few choices, but i’ve tried them all and nothing seems to work.

how can i get back the ability to export a file and avoid this error?

thanks!

Maybe you have a space at the end of the word?

i thought about an illegal character or something… but, i don’t actually manually name everything… it gets pulled via CD text via my “SIDE A” naming scheme…

right before this i successfully exported individual WAV files… but when i switch to a “CD GROUP” composite file i get this error…

my CD text is valid (the naming did include some illegal foreign characters ,but i replaced those and get no CD TEXT errors)…

can’t figure it out!

i don’t actually manually name everything.

you have iikki007 on your picture.

Try showing me your naming scheme settings.

yeah, that was one of the drop down choices (along with a bunch of other previous file names)… i thought that was usually blank… but, if i X out the text there i get the error still and the NAME field flashes pink… like it’s expecting some text there

first screen is my naming scheme… but, again, iv’e used this for years… so i don’t think the problem is there…

fixed it…
there was an illegal character in the ALBUM NAME of the CD text… the reason the individual WAV files exported OK is because their naming scheme doesn’t include the album name… but the CD GROUP export does include the album name…

thanks for your help in getting me to poke around a bit…