Output sound problem again through my headphones only, no monitor, cubase 10, ur 22c

Are you there

it would be a good idea to read the manuals firstā€¦
at least the Startup Guide from the interfaceā€¦ it contains a step by step guide how to connect and how to do basic setupā€¦

if you still have problems you can ask again, but if you are a new user to the forum you will have limited rights to write and answer to topicsā€¦

this changes after you read some other topicsā€¦ and there are a lot available about connecting an UR C interface to Cubase

1 Like

@cubic13 & @st10ss
this are the screenshot of my page --output, input, vst and setup page

Hi, Betayon001

Sorry for yesterday - I had to deal quickly with something not plannedā€¦

I havenā€™t the time, presently, but will look more closely at your screeenshots this evening.

thank you, looking forward to itā€¦i am ready dou

This looks correct. Just connect the speakers and/or headphones to the interface.

Ok, I have looked both at your screenshots and the URC manual and apparently, things are set as needed. Few questions, though :

• Even if the screenshots are a little too small, it seems that the Audio 01 track that you created is a stereo one : seems to not be a good choice as, apparently, there is no stereo inputs on the UR22C
  • Following the previous point, could you tell us whatā€™s in the Input routing drop down list of this track (or even better, post a screenshot with the Audio 01 track inspector with the Inputs list available in it) ?
  • What were you recording in your first attempts (mics, instrument connected to the Hi-Z input, or with a line levelā€¦) ?
  • It seems to me that there is an output bus missing : the headphones one. FWIW, the picture below shows the output options I have with my interface. As you can see, my headphones have a dedicated output bus and itā€™s not related to the Control room : they are specifically using both Analog 7 and Analog 8 outputs in all cases, otherwise, I simply wouldnā€™t be able to use them. This, no matter if the Control room is activated or not, so, something to check (looking at your available outputs list in the Audio connection window) and eventually addā€¦

Additionaly, try again to record something with a sufficient level, just in case we would need a screenshot of the MixConsole later onā€¦

EDIT : are you sure of the ASIO driver choosed ? Looking at the UR22C operation manual, the name of it should be Steinberg UR22C, not Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO, which looks strangely as a Yamaha version of the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver one, seeing the latency values that you getā€¦

please check my inspector

i used mono input and outputā€¦

its showing sign that it is recording but its all a flat recording, before i do have waves but tonight none. i do not have a dedicated headphone bus and i connected mic to line 1 ā€¦Hi-z input is not ON

Do you connect your microphone using xlr cable. Because it looks phantom power is on. But it is only supplied to xlr connection.

Here i got some signals and wave when i set my output to main mix (mono output) but still no playback sound in my headphones for playback.

You know you need to turn off the monitor button to hear whatā€™s already recorded.

1 Like

thanks aloooooot @misohoza , i just i tried it once and it worked i never knew what i pressed, i thought monitor would make me hear the playbackā€¦ i just put it off now and it solved all my issues. i really appreciate

Monitor letā€™s you listen to the input signalā€¦
make sure your gain is not to highā€¦ otherwise you get distorted recordings

@st10ss thank you guys, i will be moving next to the midi settings and EQ/effect later. Will contact you guys again incase i encounter any problem