Output - speakers

Hello,
as for using Cubase Elements 9.5, I was able to activate my speakers whenever I started the software, but all of sudden they stopped appearing as an option for an output. It always gave me an option to connect and activate them, but now it does not even show them, only Tascam US 2x2, an audio card I am using for composing. I am sure, the speakers are Ok, they play Media player folders and other music files.
Can you give me any advice, please?

Thank you
Danny Hearts

Hi and welcome,

Make sure you select the correct ASIO driver (i.e. generic driver or something like this) in the Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System.

Thanks, now it shows them, but when I select them, there is no sound coming out. Yet I have sound from the speakers when playing music on my computer (let us say in Media Player).

Then you need to reassign the output routing and connections.

Hi,
I would like to record a vocal and keyboard via Tascam US 2x2 audio card in Cubase, I have created two mono channels to record them separately, it shows me, there is a signal coming in, but when I press record, it does not record, what I am playing. Can you help me, how to set it, so that it records from these two mono buses? Thank you.
I have searched for the way on youtube, but I couldn’t find an answer to this question.

Unless you are using a multi-client ASIO driver such as ASIO4ALL you can only use one Audio device at a time with Cubase. Thus if you’re using the Tascam you need to be using it for both sound input and output. This why you can’t hear anything from your speakers if they’re just connected to your computer.

As to the recording issue, how do you know it’s not recording? Is there no waveform or you just can’t hear anything? Does it show activity on the input meters in the mixing panel or channel inspector?

Unless you are using a multi-client ASIO driver such as ASIO4ALL you can only use one Audio device at a time with Cubase. Thus if you’re using the Tascam you need to be using it for both sound input and output. This why you can’t hear anything from your speakers if they’re just connected to your computer.

As to the recording issue, how do you know it’s not recording? Is there no waveform or you just can’t hear anything? Does it show activity on the input meters in the mixing panel or channel inspector?

Multiclient ASIO does not mean, you can use multiple Interfaces, but multiple applications can adress the same ASIO device at once.

This of course correct, thank you Svennilenni*. ASIO4ALL, however, does allow Cubase to use several audio devices at once unlike most other ASIO drivers.

\

• I was even half aware whilst typing my answer but it’s hot and blah, blah…excuses, excuses. :slight_smile:

As for the recording, I get signals coming from my input channels but these channels do not have the button for recording, as you can see on the image

My question is how do I get the info from my mono inputs to the new empty track that has the button for recording?

Those are the input channels having Red fader caps, they are not tracks.
You have to choose the right driver, after that open the connections (F4) and assign the ins and outs.
Then create tracks and assign those ins and outs to the track.

Further to Peakae’s comments, it appears you’re probably using the right driver but now you just need to send them to some actual tracks to record on.
Select the track Audio 01 and using the Inspector you should be able to select either Mono In or Mono In 2 as your inputs for this Track. You can then record that input Bus to that track.

I’d strongly suggest you rename the Inputs and indeed the Audio tracks so you know what is what.

As an example, in the attached screen grab I’ve renamed my inputs from Mono, Mono 2 etc to Mic, Bass DI, Guitar etc.

Then in the Track inspector you can see I’ve selected “Mic” as the input for the channel I now want to record on (which I’ve renamed “Guide Vox”).