Ozone8 and Wavelab

My bad. You’re right ! Just like Rx, Ozone can be used as a standalone application. But as you say, nothing like Wavelab’s montage !

Sometimes I use Ozone, and I also love and use Wavelab… I would very much prefer Izotope and Steinberg play nice together. I can’t believe Izotope does not want to officially support Wavelab - one of the premier mastering applications on the market… Even if they are competitors, many people like myself use BOTH.

Maybe Steinberg should try to buy Izotope!

That would be the worst idea possible. Izotope has great tech support. Steinberg, IMHO, has very poor tech support. Izotope is always pushing the envelope while Steinberg just goes merrily along without any real significant breakthroughs. I prefer them to be two SEPARATE companies. Thank you very much…

I make the observation that Sequoia/Samplitude, Pyramix, Sadie and SoundBlade … which when WL is added … would cover the list of principal DAW choices for pretty much every mastering suite. And yet none of these are listed as supported Ozone hosts.

It’s not just iZotope though, UAD doesn’t support WaveLab (though it seems to work very well) and I may be wrong but I think even Sonnox had to distance itself from officially supporting WaveLab recently. UAD doesn’t even offer VST3 yet and many smaller developers also have avoided VST3 and still only offer VST2.

I think Steinberg could do a better job of outreach to plugin developers to help bring official support and better stability to WaveLab and their other apps. As far as I know they invented the VST format so I think they could be more helpful about making sure plugin developers can make more stable VST plugins.

I’ve also heard from others that Steinberg official support (at least for WaveLab) is not great but luckily we have A+ support from PG here on this forum. If it weren’t for that it would bad, but maybe Steinberg knows PG is here each day and leans on that a little bit instead of using resources on official support channels for WaveLab.

I honestly don’t know if Steinberg could even purchase iZotope if they wanted to. iZotope definitely has some big money/investors backing them and have no need really to be purchased by anybody else.

I agree that iZotope is generally pretty aggressive and forward thinking whereas Steinberg seems to just do what is needed to get by. I know PG works his ass off but he is also at the mercy of Steinberg and can only do so much.

As off topic as this thread has gotten, I’ll say that I still don’t have any issues with Ozone 8 and WaveLab.

I’ll probably upgrade to Ozone 8 soon - will report here if there are issues…

I just bought and tried Ozone 8 briefly… everything seems to be working perfectly running Ozone within Wavelab.

Agreed. iZoTope’s support crew is one of the best. As far as Steinberg goes…Tom summed it up pretty good.

And as far as WL and Ozone (or any VST plugins out there) - we all know that WL is “different” and treats VSTs differently than any other DAW out there. There have been reams of threads in here over the years about plugins acting wonky in the WL environment.

So trying to solidify that 3rd party plugins (not just Ozone) just “work” in WL is a tall order.

VP

So trying to solidify that 3rd party plugins (not just Ozone) just “work” in WL is a tall order.

There is no known plugin problems with WaveLab 9.5

Just used Oz8 In WL(el)9.5 - no probs whatsoever. Thanks coders etc @iZotope/Steinberg. :smiley:

“No known problems” with the update only being out for 6 days? Can’t really tell if you are joking or what.

Why don’t we all just settle in and give it a few weeks and see if that statement is true or not…

VP

That statement is always true until there is a plugin that WL has a probem with. I don’t see a relation to number of days out.

Steinberg support can be sketchy in regard to some of its products but that has never been true when it come to PG, who has always supplied prompt support. :slight_smile: