Padshop 2 crashes Digital Performer 10

The Padshop Pro AU plug-in was working well. The VST3 version always crashed DP10.11. I recently installed Padshop 2, but now both the AU and VST3 crash DP as soon as I try to load it. The AU version passes DP’s plug-in evaluation, but the VST3 does not. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Padshop 2 a few times, but it hasn’t helped. I also tried trashing DP’s Audio Unit and VST3 plug-in caches, but that hasn’t helped either. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have this same issue in the exact way your describe for Padshop2. Was there ever any resolution to this?

Unfortunately, there has not been any resolution. The issue still occurs in DP11. I was hopeful a few months ago after I was able to get someone from Steinberg to contact MOTU, but nothing has come of it so far.

Wow, were you able to refund?

I didn’t ask for a refund. I can still use Padshop 2 in Nuendo when I want to use it, but would still prefer to use it in DP. I’ll bring it up with MOTU again to see if they can revive the conversation with Steinberg.

Thanks for your helpful responses. Not sure what I’m going to do. Wish it had a standalone capability.