Padshop Pro inside 64-Bit Cubase 6.5.3 acts weird...

I recently updated Cubase to 6.5.3 and saw in the New Features that it now includes Padshop and Retrologue. But they were not there. So I downloaded both Padshop and Retrolugue 1.1.0.134 this evening and installed them. For some reason I was not permitted to install the 64-bit version. They both work fine in 32-bit Cubase but exhibit strange behavior in 64-bit Cubase. In Padshop when selecting a patch it does not load but retains the INIT tone. However, there is an odd drop-down at the bottom of the instrument where I can select and another window opens… and the instrument disappears! But then I am able to drill down into the sounds laid out categorically. Once I select a sound the entire instrument window returns but is completely white. Then to get the instrument to display properly again I have to unselect/select/unselect/select in Cubase in order for it to display properly. In 32-bit Cubase patches can be selected normally and they load fine and the instrument remains intact.

Anybody else experiencing this? I also just submitted an email to Support.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit on an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor at 3.20GHz and 12 GB of RAM. In order to take full advantage of these resources I need to be running Cubase in 64-Bit mode.

Some of the early Padshop installers had bugs. If you are an early adopter and then updated to 1.1 and Pro, you might be experiencing some problems, like I did. I solved all my issues by contacting Steinberg, uninstalling everything and reinstalling from a new 1.1 installer, which customer service provided a link to.

BTW, I’m on Win 7 x64 too and my Padshop Pro is x64.

Thanks for the response. I will wait for a reply from Steinberg then to get this resolved. I did read about some of the other user issues on this forum. Was hoping that since I upgraded my Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5 to inherit these new instruments that I wouldn’t be affected. Guess I was wrong since it appears the installer issues existed even in the Cubase upgrades! Oh well… I’m sure it will all work out. Steinberg are pretty good with their products and support.
As I was able to sample some of the presets it sounds like Padshop and Retrologue both have some really useful sound textures and potential. This was a good upgrade!