padshop pro

Hello

Please clarify that the Padshop Pro upgrade allows one to import their own wav samples. I read the posts above and still not clear if this is so. If so I am getting it for sure! :smiley: If not I may still get it! :slight_smile:

Sure I get it. Steinberg releases a synth, people have a request for an additional feature, Steinberg complies with the request, listening to its customers, the extra feature costs a tiny 9,99. And low and behold, people start whining that this should have beeen included already and now should be free! Talk about childishā€¦ :unamused:

Itā€™s not childish in the slightest. They released 6.5 which contained Padshop. People paid ā‚¬50 or whatever it was for that upgrade. Now they are adding a couple of things, which yes should have been there in the beginning. I find it a piss take that they are actually charging a tiny amount for it. Itā€™s not a major update, a V2 of padshop, its a few small updates, so they reflect that with a small update charge. 6.5 owners should have been given that. How many devs do you know charge for small updates to their synths ? I canā€™t think of many, and there are a lot of devs who add quite remarkable things to their synths and charge nothing.

If they are that hard up for money, then I question their ability to conitnue long term.

I was wondering if I can import wav samples

Per filterfreak

so it says ,aifc ,aiff, wav ,tg3, wave 64, rex, rex2, thats all ,no mp3

I hope drag and drop. Looks like I will get this upgrade!

Free 1.1 updates for Padshop and Retrologue already available.
Au and VST 2.4 support added.

Itā€™s all in here: http://download.steinberg.net//downloads_software/VSTi_Padshop/1.1.0.134/Operation_Manual.pdf
Page 11 for sample length.

I tend to agree.It was awkward in the first place that we had to pay for a .5 update.Ok some of us did.Now they update the synth with one but crucial new feature and ask again to pay? ā‚¬10 is not a huge amount but in all honesty ,all these years ,iā€™ve never seen Steinberg make a generous gesture , a marketing gift or anythingā€¦ :frowning:
I also wonder will C7 contain the simple Padshop or the Padshop Pro?

PulsePsycle, OK, thanks, I glanced at the manual but couldnā€™t find a sub menu or appendix that related to ā€˜importing wavesā€™. Wow, it is awesome to be able to do this!!

As to the added price and what the future holds for C7, I agree it would be nice - if Padshop Pro is included in it - that the people who have invested in C6.5 and the PsPro upgrade get a slight break. That seems fair. Meanwhile, C6.5 is a beautiful thing in Win7 64, Steinberg is a few steps away from DAW world domination. :sunglasses:

OK, now this is going on: Padshop ā€˜Regularā€™ owners have been given a free update to Padshop 1.1, adding VST2 and AU support. At the same time, a new version of Padshop is released, with a major new feature: adding your own samples to be granulized by the synth. Features cost money - thatā€™s why they call it Padshop Pro.

All fine & well Arjanā€¦Just one BIG feature missing fro meā€¦The ability to actually BUY it! :wink:

You could go to the Steinberg site and find out for yourselfā€¦

It should have been in from the start, thatā€™s the whole point of granular synthesis. Putting in your own samples and messing about with the grains. I never used the original one so I was pissed off when they charged for this ā€œupdateā€

But with that said, itā€™s a feature I wanted, so I have purchased it.

It is odd charging for an update that should have been there in the first place in principle. But principles aside, $60 usd is a fine price for a VST 3.5 granular synthesizer. I havenā€™t had this much fun with sound design in a loooong time :smiley: