Page Numbers - restarting page numbers count per flow

Hi, I’m working on a 16 songs project with 17 players.
What I want to do, is to restart the page numbers count for each new flow.
So, each flow starts with number 1.
I know I could insert a “page number change” per layout, but this would add 272 changes. A tedious job.

Is there a way to force page numbers to automatically restart counting on every flow? for all layouts at once.
thanks
Mario

Apart from just splitting up the file itself, I don’t think so. It more or less defeats the purpose of having multiple flows in the first place, so having the software work against you is, in a sense, to be expected.

having a project with several flows is one of the best features of Dorico, even when the songs are independent, as is the case of a concert for singer and orchestra.
Keeping the numbering of the pages sequentially, can become a nuisance, if the day before the show, the singer asks to change the order of the songs. :slight_smile:
thanks for your replaying

Edit your Master Pages so that rather than using the {@Page@} token they use the {@flowPage@} token. I’m pretty sure it’s that simple!

1 Like

wow,
it works!
I spent almost 3 hours trying to figure out how to do this. Even in the user manual I did not find this solution.
Thanks a lot for the help

It is that simple. Please ignore my previous comment. :slight_smile:

We are all learning! :slight_smile:

Sorry to resurrect a solved topic! I’m trying to use the {@flowpage@} token to achieve this same effect (in my case, I’m collaborating with someone who is NOT using Dorico, so having our page numbers restart on every title is very helpful), but it doesn’t seem to display anything.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 6.05.53 PM
Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 6.06.00 PM

(ultimately I just want it in the corner, I’ve place the token after the part name just so the token text is visible)

Ah ha! Figured it out. It’s the Layout Settings>Page Setup>Flows section. I had “Page Number In Header” set to show, but I did NOT have “Flow Page Number In Header” set to show. Brain was still thinking that that setting would apply to all page numbers, and didn’t realize flow numbers would have it’s own version sitting right there!

1 Like