PageUp/Down & Home/End Commands Do Not Work as Expected

Usually I scroll with my touchpad through the pages. However, when revisiting an (almost) finished project I go to the “Spreads Vertically” view as my screen is big enough to display two pages in A4 format.
I noticed that the PageUp/Down and the Home/End key do not perform anything. The expected behavior would be that PageUp/Down moves gradually like when moving the mouse wheel and more importantly Home/End goes page by page keeping the exact same relative positions of the pages.
I also noticed that this somewhat works as it should in “Spreads Horizontally” even though the PageUp/Down command is a bit clumsy (but I don’t use that anyways).
I prefer working in the vertical view when looking for small errors, so I would really appreciate if you could add this missing function.
In Adobe Acrobat Reader PageUp/Down jumps to the next page and Home/End jumps to the beginning or end of the file, both as the denomination implies. For me either behavior would be fine, even though moving to the beginning or end of the project is not that often needed. Maybe it would make sense that Home/End moves to the previous/next Flow.

By the way, could you add an option in the preferences to make the “Page View/Galley View” button a toggle? I often click it and for me it is obvious that I toggle the view, otherwise I must perform two clicks at the moment.

Why not use the key commands? Then you don’t have to grab and click the mouse at all.

We do find that some combinations of window geometry and page size cause some problems when you use one of the “fit…” zoom levels. Try typing Alt+Z to bring up the Custom Zoom dialog and press the down arrow key a couple of times to slightly reduce the zoom level, then hit Return to confirm the dialog; you should now find that the Home/End etc. keys work as expected.

I like the idea of simply toggling from page view/galley view. Makes sense to me.

Also, what about if the user can click on concert pitch and it toggles to transposed pitch. It’s not a huge thing, but saves some time searching around in the menus, especially if you toggle often. Plus it’s intuitive - click on this and it’ll toggle.

Or if you don’t like that, maybe have that little menu pop up when clicking on concert pitch, like we have already with view. It’d make it consistent. I still prefer the toggle option though.

Why do you not set up two (presumably full score/working score) layouts, one in concert pitch and one in transposed? Then you can just click on the layout you want.

Presumably the complaint is that you currently have to do all the layout work twice. Some things can be propagated between layouts, but the positions of system objects (chord symbols/repeat markers/rehearsal marks etc.) can’t be. Same goes for manual tweaks to slurs/beams.

I suppose the question is what purpose @theduke needed the concert/transposed switch for. I frequently use a Working Score (untransposed and uncompressed) and a Conductor Score (transposed and compressed). I never intend the Working Score to be publicized, although I may use it for audio export.

I guess much depends how one wishes to use the two versions of the score. Most of what I want common between the two can be managed via Layout Options.

Hi @Derrek,

Thanks for your response. I guess two reasons. 1) Overall gui consistency. And 2) if one is inputting a score that is transposed, and you want to flip between concert and transposed to analyse harmony, or you want to input from a transposed score into a concert score, and you want to keep checking if you got the transposition right etc. Might sound silly, but people learn in different ways. I’m using dorico as a learning tool for sure. Would be good to flip between the two rapidly with a toggle not in a menu. I could probably set up key command, but less to remember if I can click on the bottom panel and it flips. Same as view modes as I previously said. To maintain consistency.