Panning control

Two things were a big bother with WL7.

1. Creating groups that disintegrate when you cut the clips. I’m hoping that is dealt with with the new WL8 way of grouping.

2. Not being able to change more than one clip envelope at a time, to allow panning.
    Has this problem been dealt with???

1. When you split a clip, this creates 2 new clips. If the clip was in a group, the 2 new clips are not in the group anymore. If this is what you mean, then this has not changed. I don’t see this as a bug.

2. This feature is already available in WaveLab 7: select the desired clips, then press Alternate while moving a pan envelope.

On the related topic, WaveLab 8 has now a Pan know per clip and per Track.

What I was referring to as, being better than groups, is, using what you are calling ‘Super Clips’ made up in a separate montage. I assume you can then open up the sub-montage, make changes and then continue in the main montage.
Then the need for groups of clips becomes less important.

Related to panning… did you implement the ability to select all clips and change all of the envelope displays from volume to pan? Currently in WL7, this is broken.

Related to panning… did you implement the ability to select all clips and change all of the envelope displays from volume to pan? Currently in WL7, this is broken.

Yes. Actually, it has been made simpler: you don’t need to select clips, and the pan or level envelope is selected for all clips in a single operation.

Yes, this is not a bug, ok, but imagine you have a group consisting of a large number of clips. Now splitting this group will result in many single clips again. This is not very practical. Why not create two groups from the splitted original group? In most other audio software it is handled this way.
Looking forward to super-clips!

Nils

I too find the grouping behavior frustrating… when I edit a group I want it to stay a group. I’d be happy if grouped clips stayed grouped when cut or split. This has made the grouping function not so useful for me.

I do, however, love the idea of Superclips! If it works as described it will make a huge difference to my workflow. It’s an awesome concept. Ahem… I’d like to think I helped in my own tiny way

As they say [on Google translate]… le succès a plusieurs pères, l’échec est orphelin

Well done on Wavelab 8 Philippe!

Heh heh, good find! I see I was much in favour 3,5 years ago as well. Patience is a virtue… :sunglasses:

At the time I remember particularly liking your “Russian doll” analogy, Arjan. Patience is indeed a virtue!