Panning in Cubase

Panning a track in Cubase goes from the “all to left” with 100L, decreasing to 0 (the Center) and then again to 100R for the “all to right”. In many other DAWs the range is from 0 to 128 (and 64 is the Center) or from -63 to +64 (0 the Center) or something like this.
Now, what I have to do if I want to set the Pan of the tracks of a Cubase project in the same way of the same tracks in the project of another DAW ( whit different “range”)?
Am I forced to laborious mathematical proportions every time? Or is there a quicker way ? (for example an option to switch in cubase from the 100 to the 64 range option?!).

Thank you for your suggestions.

Why should anybody want that?
The 128 steps are just a limitation from the MIDI values. 200 steps are more accurate.

And I know only one DAW that is doing this…

While I admit to finding st10ss’s reply humorous, I will proffer a real answer, while en même temps asking mr. @st10ss to create a fade on his snark track.

If the other daw has a 128 range, in Cubase send the fader value via a midi CC#, using the Generic Remote, for instance.

1 Like

This is not a real answer… I guess.

This is a limitation from MIDI as well…

1 Like

A good thing in this case, if I understand correctly the only purpose is to take values on a 128 scale and input them into Cubase, thereafter having the advantage of finer control. Forever! (just not with the GR)

:joy: :joy: :joy:

For Midi track, in Cubase, the range is “-63 to +63”. For Audio and instruments tracks L100 to R100.
I think the only “easy” solution is to solve an equation, indeed a proportion. “A” is the pan value in 128 scale, “B” the value I want to use in the Cubase “200 scale”, so to find B (if I still know A) I have to solve A:B=128:200. I need a mathematician! :sweat_smile: :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe Close enough for Jazz:nerd_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

• Audio Pan = Midi Pan * 1.5
  • Midi Pan = Audio Pan * 2/3
1 Like